Tuesday, July 31, 2012

God's reprimand to Adam and Eve -Why they Sinned


Chapter VI - God's reprimand to Adam and Eve in which he points out how and why they sinned.



1 But God looked at them; for they had killed themselves through great grief.
2 But He decided to raise them and comfort them.
3 He, therefore, sent His Word to them; that they should stand and be raised immediately.
4 And the Lord said to Adam and Eve, "You transgressed of your own free will, until you came out of the garden in which I had placed you.
5 Of your own free will have you transgressed through your desire for divinity, greatness, and an exalted state, such as I have; so that I deprived you of the bright nature in which you then were, and I made you come out of the garden to this land, rough and full of trouble.
6 If only you had not transgressed My commandment and had kept My law, and had not eaten of the fruit of the tree which I told you not to come near! And there were fruit trees in the garden better than that one.
7 But the wicked Satan did not keep his faith and had no good intent towards Me, that although I had created him, he considered Me to be useless, and sought the Godhead for himself; for this I hurled him down from heaven so that he could not remain in his first estate—it was he who made the tree appear pleasant in your eyes, until you ate of it, by believing his words.
8 Thus have you transgressed My commandment, and therefore I have brought on you all these sorrows.
9 For I am God the Creator, who, when I created My creatures, did not intend to destroy them. But after they had sorely roused My anger, I punished them with grievous plagues, until they repent.
10 But, if on the contrary, they still continue hardened in their transgression, they shall be under a curse forever."


No comments:

Post a Comment