Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Adam and Eve and the Establishing of Worship.

 Adam and Eve and the establishing of worship.




1 But God knew that Adam believed he should frequently kill himself and make an offering to Him of his blood.
2 Therefore He said to him, "O Adam, don't ever kill yourself like this again, by throwing yourself down from that mountain."
3 But Adam said to God, "I was thinking to put an end to myself at once, for having transgressed Your commandments, and for my having come out of the beautiful garden; and for the bright light of which You have deprived me; and for the praises which poured forth from my mouth without ceasing, and for the light that covered me.
4 Yet of Your goodness, O God, do not get rid of me altogether; but be favorable to me every time I die, and bring me to life.
5 And thereby it will be made known that You are a merciful God, who does not want anyone to perish; who loves not that one should fall; and who does not condemn any one cruelly, badly, and by whole destruction."
6 Then Adam remained silent.
7 And the Word of God came to him, and blessed him, and comforted him, and covenanted with him, that He would save him at the end of the days determined for him.
8 This, then, was the first offering Adam made to God; and so it became his custom to do.


No comments:

Post a Comment