Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Beasts made subject to Adam


Chapter XIX - Beasts made subject to Adam.



1 But Adam and Eve cried before God. And Adam said to Him:—
2 "O Lord, when I was in the cave, I said this to you, my Lord, the beasts of the field would rise and devour me, and cut off my life from the earth."
3 Then Adam, because of what had happened to him, beat his chest and fell on the ground like a corpse. Then the Word of God came to him, who raised him, and said to him,
4 "O Adam, not one of these beasts will be able to hurt you; because I have made the beasts and other moving things come to you in the cave. I did not let the serpent come with them because it might have risen against you and made you tremble; and the fear of it should fall into your hearts.
5 For I knew that the accursed one is wicked; therefore I would not let it come near you with the other beasts.
6 But now strengthen your heart and fear not. I am with you to the end of the days I have determined on you."


No comments:

Post a Comment